adams Tel


NICEIC is the national inspection council for electrical installation contractors. (NICEIC) is a independent consumer safety regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry.
This legislation places obligations on landlords to ensure that the electrical installation and all electrical appliances are ‘safe' with little risk of injury or death to humans, or risk of damage to property. This applies to when the tenancy begins and throughout the life of the tenancy. This includes all mains voltage household electric goods supplied by the landlord such as cookers, kettles, toasters, electric blankets, washing machines etc. Any equipment supplied should be marked with the appropriate CE symbol.
The NICEIC maintains a register (roll) of electrical contractors it has approved & domestic installers and contractors are inspected annually to check that they meet the councils safety standards, by using an NICEIC contractor you can be assured that the work carried out is safe.
The electrical safety law - entitled Part P - aims to tighten up electrical safety in the home by clamping down on cowboy electricians and on homeowners doing DIY electrical work. The law will require that all electrical work in homes be carried out by a 'competent' person, such as an electrician registered with the NICEIC.
Part P is a part of the Building Regulations for England and Wales. It came into effect on 1 January 2005, and brings all electrical installation work in dwellings into a 'controlled service' under the Building Regulations. This means that, for the first time, the technical standard of electrical installation work in dwellings (generally houses and flats) will be subject to statutory requirements. These requirements will apply not only to new construction, but also to any alterations or additions to existing installations, including full or partial rewires. Part P will be enforced by Local Authorities and failure to comply will be a legal offence.
Adams & Styles are able to arrange for an NIC/EIC to be carried out on your behalf in order to avoid any delays in renting your property.